THIS CLASS HAS SOLD OUT
FED 170426 : MCLE - 6.00 HOURS (1.0 ETHICS)
Estate Planning & Tax Law
Individual Rate: $299
Additional Registrant: $249
Overview of the Program
Planning an estate can be a difficult and stressful time for clients. The regulatory scheme surrounding federal estate taxes is a maze of forms, deadlines and terminology that a layperson cannot navigate without help. As a result, it is imperative that practitioners of tax law have a firm grasp on the ins and outs of federal estate planning considerations and tax law.
With this program, participants will:
- Become familiar with necessary terminology, forms and deadlines relating to federal estate tax law,
- Learn how property will be valued by the IRS and when an estate tax filing is required,
- Evaluate strategies and rules relating to the valuation of the estate,
- Understand how to employ the rules and definitions relating to gifts in estate planning,
- Learn the rules surrounding gift taxes and who pays gift taxes,
- Differentiate between estate taxes and income taxes on the estate,
- Get answers to challenging estate tax questions relating to new and emerging regulations and
- Consider numerous planning options to give your clients the most flexibility possible.